Pages

Friday 16 November 2018

Free writting

Title: Sloths


Intro:
Sloths are mammals they move around slowly and spent more time hanging upside down on a tree they
sleep 15-18 hours


Appearance:
Sloths are  the closest relatives to anteaters and armadillos. Together they belong to an ancient
of mammals called the Xenarthra. The sloths have roundish heads, sad looking eyes, tiny ears and a
stubby tail, their body is covered with black, brown or grey wiry fur. Their is also a different type of sloth
called Two-toed sloths, these types of sloths are slightly bigger and tend to hang upside down more.


Habitat:
Sloth live where there ancestors live in north america modern sloths live in the central of south
america Sloths prefer sleeping while curled into a ball in the fork of a tropical tree. They also
like to sleep hanging from tree branches.


Life cycle:
The life cycle of sloths are different. The time for a three toed lasts for 150 days while that of a two
toed sloth is about 12 months. After six months the female sloth leaves its little one with the other
sloth species. The young ones of sloths are born with claws and wrap themselves around their
mother for nine months after their birth.


For my free witting for this week I have done a report of a sloth. I have pick a sloth because I don`t know a lot about them and I have not done a report on a sloth before so this was new.
I never knew how interesting sloths are. I was easy to find heaps of facts I would do heaps more  but I only had 20 minutes to do this.                                                                       

1 comment:

  1. Did you write this in your 20 minutes or is it from another writing lesson/time?

    ReplyDelete